Big update to the Co-Pilot iOS apps today.
London, UK, 26th September 2012. ALK Technologies, leading developer of mobile navigation applications, today announced an update for its CoPilot Live offline satellite navigation apps that includes full screen support for iPhone 5, Apple Maps Routing support and a variety of enhancements for customers looking for an on-board alternative to Apple’s own maps.
· Designed for iPhone 5: CoPilot Live takes full advantage of the new iPhone’s retina screen, providing incredible widescreen map views in landscape and tall-screen navigation in portrait
· iOS 6 Routing App: find your destination using Apple Maps and navigate there with CoPilot’s dependable offline in-car guidance
· Updated Street Maps: a free update to the latest high quality NAVTEQ street maps, including notable new road layouts such as the UK’s M74 motorway and Hindhead Tunnel
· Ability to speak destinations into the app using iOS dictation
· Improved real-time traffic: CoPilot Live Premium app customers already enjoy 12 months free access to CoPilot’s high quality ActiveTraffic™ service. The traffic map display and status bar have been redesigned to make it easier to find the best route based on real-time traffic flow
· Themes: Now CoPilot customers can choose the way CoPilot looks with a variety of new colour schemes selected by the CoPilot community
· Cloud back up: All your favourite locations, settings and pre-planned routes can be backed-up online for easy restore when you move to a new phone
· Google local search replacing Bing. By popular request, customers can now find all the nearby places they need using integrated Google search
· Improvements throughout the app: The update also brings a large number of user interface improvements, fixes and performance enhancements based on customer feedback
David Quin, Head of Consumer Applications at ALK Technologies said “The iPhone 5 is a wonderful platform for in-car guidance, far in advance of the original dedicated GPS device. We are entering a golden age of mobile mapping and GPS navigation, and we are working continuously to keep in-car navigation moving forward.”
“This update is all about the features that our customers tell us count the most, and which is why we’ve optimised CoPilot for the new iPhone 5, introduced a free update to the latest highest quality street maps and switched to Google Local Search.”
PLUS to celebrate the launch, you can get up to 20% off our European CoPilot Live Premium iOS & Android apps until 30th September 2012.